PDA

Archiv verlassen und diese Seite im Standarddesign anzeigen : Fragen Deutchlands

Mikael XII
17.12.02, 21:25
During my work with the project some issues has come to mind, that i would realy like to have answered.

1. Thurn und Taxis, did they realy rule a land ? IF so, when did they end to rule ?

2. Hessen, is it Hesse or Hessen in german ?

3. Does anyone have any link of good history of Hessen, a good article of their history.

Sincerily
Mikael

Augustus Rex
17.12.02, 21:31
Hesse in English, Hessen in German and Hesse in Hessisch.:D

Mikael XII
19.12.02, 20:22
More things that confuses me..
On a site, deutche schutsgebeide, i found something i find rather.. hard to understand, firstly perhaps you can aid me.
First it is Brunswick, braunschweig. According to my list of regents, there are NO Herzog Johann Albrecht zu Mecklenburg - Regent von Braunschweig nebst Braut

NO Johann Albrecht zu Mecklenburg ruled Braunschweig, atleast not in my list. can anyone explain whats right/wrong.

Secondly
Herzogin Ernst August von Braunschweig

A lady has a male name, does that meens she is married to someone with that name. Or that she inherited name, or what does it meen ?

General wallenstein
19.12.02, 23:04
Hallo Mikael

Secondly
Herzogin Ernst August von Braunschweig

A lady has a male name, does that meens she is married to someone with that name...

That´s right!!!

Viktoria Luise Adelheid Mathilde Charlotte, princess of prussia and daugther of Wilhelm II., marries 1913 Herzog Ernst August III. von Braunschweig-Lüneburg.

NO Johann Albrecht zu Mecklenburg ruled Braunschweig, atleast not in my list. can anyone explain whats right/wrong.

Second is correct!!!

Herzog Johann Albrecht zu Mecklenburg ruled Braunscheig from 1907 to 1913. He was the predecessor of Herzog Ernst August III.

Mikael XII
20.12.02, 17:16
I have listed that:
1884-1913 it was a part of Prussia, nothing less..
How did it become "free" and, when ?
Sincerily
Mikael
(i might have missed more regents)

Der Zarewitsch
20.12.02, 23:52
A Thurn & Taxis info site (http://www.eurohistory.com/thurn.html)

Can`t find any helpful site on Hessian history....yet.

General wallenstein
21.12.02, 15:02
Hello Mikael

After the victory of Prussia over Austria in the German war, the
Austria-friendly Hanover is integrated into the Kingdom of Prussia. King George V. of Hanover flees with his family to Austria in the exile.

King George V. dies in Paris and its son, Kronprinz Ernst August
(1848-1923), assumes the title "duke of Cumberland".

Duke William von Brunswick, from the still governing line Braunschweig Wolfenbuettel- Bevern des Welfenhauses, dies without descendants. Ernst August stresses the throne of Brunswick, which fails however because of the resistance of the Prussian Prime Minister Bismarck. This does not permit a government of the Welfen, since the duke of Cumberland and its descendants want to do not without Hanover.

Princess Marie Luise (1879-1948), daughter of Ernst August, marries prince Max von Baden.

Princess Alexandra (1882-1963), daugther of Ernst August, marries Hereditary Grand Duke Friedrich Franz IV. of Mecklenburg - Schwerin.

After its both oldest sons died, his youngest child, hereditary prince Ernst August (1887-1953), marries 1913 princess Victoria Luise (1892-1980), daughter of the german emperor Wilhelm II. This marriage connection brings the Welfendynastie back on a german throne. Hereditary prince Ernst August takes 1913 as duke of Braunschweig Lüneburg the government over the duchy Brunswick.

During the revolution Herzog Ernst August von Braunschweig-Lüngeburg must do without the throne.

Hopefully helps you despite my bad English.

Wallenstein

Mikael XII
21.12.02, 15:56
Hmm, the text is very good and interesting, but gives me more questions :)

As i interpet the text Brunswich is annexed, it does not exist, it has seized to exist in 1866. They make attempts to reclaim it, but fails. So how come they regents before world war ?...

I found this info on an site:

20 Apr 1831 - 18 Oct 1884 Wilhelm (b. 1806 - d. 1884)
(regent to 25 Apr 1831)
Regencies (the ducal line being inhibited by its British connections)
20 Apr 1884 - 2 Nov 1885 Wilhelm Otto Hans Hermann, (b. 1819 - d. 1889)
Görtz-Wrisberg, Graf von Schlitz
(president of Regency Council)
2 Nov 1885 - 13 Sep 1906 Albrecht, Fürst von (b. 1837 - d. 1906)
Prussen -Regent
13 Sep 1906 - 5 Jun 1907 Albert von Otto (b. 1836 - d. 1921)
(president of Regency Council)
5 Jun 1907 - 1 Nov 1913 Johann Albrecht, Herzog von
Mecklenburg-Schwerin -Regent (b. 1857 - d. 1920)
Duke (title Herzog von Braunschweig und Lüneburg)
1 Nov 1913 - 8 Nov 1918 Ernst August (b. 1887 - d. 1953)
Aug 1914 - 8 Nov 1918 Viktoria Luise von Prussen (f) (b. 1892 - d. 1980)

But that still does not answer my question, are those during the Prussian "Annexartion" only heredity, or did they in fact rule Braunschweig, and in any case when was Braunschweig "released" ?

Mikael XII
21.12.02, 15:58
Hmm, after reading through your text again:

After its both oldest sons died, his youngest child, hereditary prince Ernst August (1887-1953), marries 1913 princess Victoria Luise (1892-1980), daughter of the german emperor Wilhelm II. This marriage connection brings the Welfendynastie back on a german throne. Hereditary prince Ernst August takes 1913 as duke of Braunschweig Lüneburg the government over the duchy Brunswick.

Maby
Herzog Johann Albrecht zu Mecklenburg ruled Braunscheig from 1907 to 1913. He was the predecessor of Herzog Ernst August III.

maby that is incorrect, maby he was Heredity Duke(herzog) of Braunschweig through those years.. damn this was complicated, help me wallenstein, zarewich and the rest :)

General wallenstein
21.12.02, 20:16
Hello Mikael

Brunswick was naturally not occupied by Prussia. But I did not express myself understandably. Thus my error...:D

The duchy Braunschweig and Lüneburg develops 1235 under the Welfen Otto „das Kind“ (1204-1252) and splits briefly on it into several lines: Wolfenbuettel, Goettingen, Grubenhagen, Calenberg,Beveren and Lüneburg. The later duchy Braunschweig goes out in the 14./15. Century from the section principality Braunschweig Wolfenbuettel (own line until 1634) with Bevern. The remaining section principalities are combined (1635 and 1705) to the cure principality and later Kingdom of Hanover.

From 1807-1813 Braunschweig is a part of the napoleonic Kingdom of Westphalia, is afterwards again independent and joins 1844 the German customs union (Zollunion). 1866 follow the entry to the north German federation and 1871 to the German Empire.

After the death of duke William of Brunswick - Wolfenbuettel - Beveren ("new house Brunswick" - 1884), the duchy falls to the Lüneburger line ("new house Lüneburg"/Hannover). Since Bismarck refuses mounting the throne to the duke of Cumberland, prince Albrecht from Prussia is appointed to the regent of Brunswick. 1907 follow Johann Albrecht of Mecklenburg and after the wedding with princess Viktoria, finally the Hannoveraner Ernst August III.

Hopefully you understand now which I mean.

Wallenstein

P.S.: If my English would be better...;)

Mikael XII
21.12.02, 20:20
Ok, so do i get this right now.

The Regents, apointed by Bismarck, Albrecht was in fact the Duke of Brunswick, with all the rights belonging to such a duke. Am i right ?
and his successor as well ?
So in my line, wich ends in 1866 and starts again in 1913, there should be Albrecht and Johann Albrecht.
Do i get it right now :) ?

IF so, who where the Duchesses when they ruled ?

Mikael XII
22.12.02, 21:47
Now about some palaces, firstly:

http://www.obk.de/schloss_homburg.htm

What "old state" does it belong to ?
Of what i can see on this page:
http://www.graf-von-berg.de/index-01.htm
It is not far from Leverkusen..
And if i recall correctly there is a Football team named bayern Leverkusen....
So then i presume it is in Bavaria, but i can not be certain, it could as well be Baden, Württemberg, or any other of the states down there on my site, can anyone inform me of what it belonged to ?
Sincerily
Mikael

Augustus Rex
22.12.02, 22:00
The name is "Bayer Leverkusen". "Bayer" is just a firm, not the country. Its situated in the Rheinland, the area along the river Rhine.

Mikael XII
22.12.02, 22:02
Then i have a problem :) there are many states there...
I can only assume it is Oldenburg... But atleast i have it situated and preferably can see what it belonged to if i manage to compare maps.

Joseph I
31.12.02, 11:30
Hello Mikael

Ok, so do i get this right now.

The Regents, apointed by Bismarck, Albrecht was in fact the Duke of Brunswick, with all the rights belonging to such a duke. Am i right ?
and his successor as well ?
So in my line, wich ends in 1866 and starts again in 1913, there should be Albrecht and Johann Albrecht.
Do i get it right now ?

IF so, who where the Duchesses when they ruled ?

That´s right...

Mikael XII
11.01.03, 12:31
Ok, thanx.

Mikael XII
17.01.03, 23:49
Is there no one that knows what nation theese palaces:
http://www.graf-von-berg.de/index-01.htm

belonged to in 1800-1918 ?
Sincerily
Mikael

Mikael XII
14.02.03, 18:42
Ok, now that is solved, so get back here you smart people :)
Who where the wifes of Johann Albrecht and Albrecht of Prussia (Duches of Braunschweig).
sincerily
Mikael