PDA

Archiv verlassen und diese Seite im Standarddesign anzeigen : Development Diary #8 - 5th of December 2007

Golwar
06.12.07, 12:07
It is yet another winter afternoon here in Stockholm, and the sun set a few minutes after lunch. We had our last pre-beta Vindaloo, as the beta-testers will be starting their work at the end of this week..

We added the possibility for Fog of War to the map and wrapped up the final culture army unit for the Seleukids. The programmers also spent a lot of time, further optimising the game, making both the map and the event engine to run quicker. The system to recruit mercenaries for your armies were developed, and we added the artwork for the ideas. Several more eventseries for governors, rivals, intrige and nation creations were made.

We finished our presentation of the team last week with the seventh team-member, and that’s everyone that is working on the development side. We also have other people involved with the game at Paradox, including people working with localisation, support, marketing, economy, distribution and sales. Without their hard work, our games would not reach you all.

http://www.gamersgate.com/eu3/rome_dd_8.jpg
Here we see a screenshot of the overview interface. I’m currently playing Rome with Gaius Julius Ceasar as my Consul. Rome is an oligarchic republic, so we get a bonus if we have 1 military, 1 civic and 1 economical idea. I picked Professional Soldiers, Citizenship and Organized Recruitment for mine here. On the screenshot you also see 5 indicators below the ideas, which are which modifiers currently affect the country. There are a few positive and one negative there. This screen also contains a list of your nations provinces and a big picture of your current ruler.

Today I will talk a little bit about how the trade-system works in Rome. Each province has one type of goods that they produce. Each type of goods gives a certain benefit. For example, iron allows the recruitment of heavy infantry in that province. Each province may then have a variable amount of trade routes connecting it to other provinces, where they mutually give the benefit of their goods to each other. The amount of trade routes a province can have depends on several factors, such as national ideas, buildings, and technological advances. Traderoutes can be of three different categories, first of all, every province can always trade with a neighbour province if both can have at least 1 more trade route. Secondly, a province with a harbour building can trade overseas with another province with a harbour. This trade is of course very vulnerable to pirates or blockades when in wars. The third way to get a traderoute going is by tracing one overland, but then you need to have trade access negotiated through any potential countries between, and each province needs a road-network built up. Trade routes also provide income in gold to the countries, with foreign trade much more profitable than internal trade.

Link (http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/showthread.php?t=333267)

Gefällt mir dass die Provinzgüter für Boni sorgen, auch wenn das an sich ja nichts aufregend neues im Genre ist.
Ich hoffe die Handelsrouten erweitern das Gameplay wirklich, hört sich imho etwas zu simpel an. Aber dafür sind die Provinzen 1a ! :D

Montesquieu
06.12.07, 12:13
Link (http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/showthread.php?t=333267)
Aber dafür sind die Provinzen 1a ! :D

Die politische Karte sieht zumindest wieder annehmbar aus!

Admiral Yamamoto
06.12.07, 12:48
Hoffentlich ändern sie "Army" und "Navy" noch.

Das wäre ein Graus in diesem Spiel.
The "First Roman Army" :doh:

Trajan
06.12.07, 19:34
Versteh ich auch nicht... Warum schreibt man da nicht gleich Legion am besten noch mit Namen oder darf man sich diese dann aussuchen? und Classis hin. Davon gabe es ja nicht sonderlich viele...

Golwar
06.12.07, 19:44
Bedarf es hier wirklich noch einer Erläuterung was unter einer Alpha-Version zu verstehen ist ?
Es ist doch das gleiche Lied wie bei der Jahreszahl, da hat man das "Ab urbe condita" auch erst nachträglich eingefügt. Nicht anders wird es mit den Legionen sein. Es gibt in der Phase wahrlich wichtigeres als mit stimmig benannten Einheiten durch die Weltgeschichte zu marschieren.

PS
Bei 35.000 Mann handelt es sich eh um mindestens 7 Legionen, was für Namen hatten die Römer denn für ihre Armeen außer eben Armee ? ;)

Ruprecht I.
06.12.07, 19:54
Hoffentlich ist die Ausdrucksweise 'Caesar as my consul' auch dem Alphastatus zu verdanken. Wäre doch schade, wenn das Tandemkonsulat keine Beachtung fände.
Aber wahrscheinlich agiert eh jede Nation nach den gleichen Mechanismen, und 2 Chefs hatte halt außer den Römern kaum einer und daher bleibt es eben dabei... :o

Trajan
06.12.07, 21:05
PS
Bei 35.000 Mann handelt es sich eh um mindestens 7 Legionen, was für Namen hatten die Römer denn für ihre Armeen außer eben Armee ? ;)

Ja, das sollten sich die Herren eventuell auch noch ein mal überlegen... Schließlich soll es ja historisch sein...
Ich erinnere hier nur ein mal an die Provinzen.... :D

Elias
11.12.07, 15:21
(...)
PS
exercitus?