PDA

Archiv verlassen und diese Seite im Standarddesign anzeigen : Allgmeine Paradox Informationen

Iche_Bins
09.10.17, 15:10
Wir sind etwas durchs Paradox Forum gestöbert, und haben dabei folgenden Post von Johan gefunden:

You guys may have seen the title “Game Director” thrown about in development diaries and on various streams, but we’ve never explained what a game director is.

The Game Director is the vision owner for a game. They develop this vision with the help of others, communicate it to the rest of the team and external partners, and ensure the final product is something fans will enjoy and spend money on. They have final creative control of their games.

Historically, I was basically the game director for every game we made until CK2, which was the first time someone else owned the creative vision of the game. Victoria 2 was almost entirely Chris King’s design, and if we’d had today’s organisation back then, he would have been GD of that game. Until the release of Stellaris, Henrik was the GD of that game, and until this week, I was the GD of EU4.

Our game-director team these days include the following people.

Chris ‘King’ King - Secret Project
Dan ‘podcat’ Lind - Hearts of Iron IV.
Henrik ‘Doomdark’ Fåhraeus - Crusader Kings 2 & Secret Project
Jake ‘DDRJake’ Leiper-Ritchie - Europa Universalis IV
Jon ‘Jon Shafer’ Shafer - Secret Project
Martin ‘Wiz’ Anward - Stellaris

As you may have noticed, my name is absent from that list, as I now work with leading and supporting all our game directors equally.

I am very proud to hand over the reigns of EUIV to Jake now, I’ve worked with him for the last 18 months, with designing Rights of Man, Mandate of Heaven & Third Rome together, and now we are soon releasing Cradle of Civilisation which is basically entirely his vision.

https://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/index.php?threads/game-directors-at-paradox-development-studio.1048896/

Johan kpümmert sich also nicht mehr um ein Spiel, sondern koordiniert die verschiedenen Projekte.
Derzeit sind 3 Leute “Game Director” von einem Geheimen Projekt. Also scheinbar sind zwei schon etwas weiter in der Entwicklung und eins noch weit am Anfang, sonst könnt eich mir nicht vrstellen dass Doomdark zwei Projekte gleichzeitig leitet.
Chris King war alleiniger Designer von Vic2, jetzt hat er ein nues Projekt. Gibt es bald Vic3? :)

Hohenlohe
09.10.17, 15:46
Wir sind schon mal gespannt, was PDOX als Nächstes veröffentlicht...:D

herzliche grüsse

Hohenlohe...:top:

Iche_Bins
17.11.17, 14:58
Einfach mal ein random fact aus dem paradoxforum:

In another thread on here we were talking about a fantasy grand strategy game, which I would love for us to do, it's an area of the market we're not in and many of us would love to play it. But we don't have anyone to make it right now, so it isn't happening. Finding some mix of HOI and Stellaris, could be really interesting, taking that war focus of HOI and applying a different theme or setting to it, providing more customisation, it could be really great, but again, we don't have anyone to make something like that right now.
https://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/index.php?threads/ask-paradox-almost-anything-thread-no-support-tech-or-code-questions.469819/page-431#post-23413730

Das nächste Spiel hat also nix nix fantasy zu tun.

Iche_Bins
29.11.17, 02:52
Vor ein paar Monaten kam der Civ V Designer Jon Shafer zu paradox und wurde (wie manoben sehen kann) als Projektverantwortlicher für eines der Projekte eingesetzt.

Jetzt ist er wieder weg.

http://www.pcgamer.com/civilization-5-designer-jon-shafer-has-split-with-paradox-over-creative-differences/
https://www.paradoxinteractive.com/en/jon-shafer-moves-on-from-paradox-interactive/

Iche_Bins
13.02.18, 11:14
Frederik tritt bei Paradox als CEO zurück und nimmt einen neuen Posten als Executive Chairman of the Board (sowas wie Vorsitzender des Aufsichtsrats?).
Scheinbar ist Paradox einfach zu groß geworden für seine jetztige Rolle und er schafft einfach nicht mehr alles was er gern machen würde.

Hi everyone, I have some important news I want to share.

They say War Never Changes, but that doesn’t mean those of us who make games about war don’t change over time.

Paradox is no longer a team hand-packing game discs into envelopes out of a warehouse in the middle of nowhere (true story!). Today we’re managing a player base of millions, several amazing development partners, and over 300 talented, hardworking and dedicated employees. It’s kind of the perfect Paradox story – the tiny little blob on the map that grows into a mighty empire.

Usually when CEOs recount their journeys like this, the next step in the story is that they’re moving on, so let me be clear that this is not the case. There isn’t a warscore measurable in human numbers that could get me to concede surrender - and there's so much left I want to do with this company. So, no, I am not stepping down from Paradox. Instead, I am stepping into a role where I can do more of what I do best.

If you ask people internally what I do best, they will probably say something like “creating chaos.” I like to think of it as experimenting, trying new things and creating more opportunities for Paradox to impact the world of games. I want to focus more on finding the next big project for us to tackle, and figuring out more ways for us to grow and expand. I’ve realized there just aren’t enough hours in my day to do that AND concentrate on daily operations. While we have the best teams in the world in place, I believe Paradox deserves more support from their CEO in this area.

So this August I’ll be stepping out of the role of CEO at Paradox Interactive and will be taking up a post as Executive Chairman of the Board. We´re making this change as we believe it is what suits Paradox best. This will be my full-time job; I will continue to work out of the office and hopefully have more time to interact with with all my colleagues and with you. This change will put me in a position where I can focus on the things I love, helping Paradox grow and expand, while handing over responsibility for ongoing operations to a person better suited for the job.

I’m also really happy to announce that we’ve already selected the person who will step in as CEO of Paradox Interactive, starting in August. It is my pleasure to introduce you to Ebba Ljungerud. Ebba has a long history with Paradox: she’s been on our board for four years now, and she and I have worked closely together in that time on many different projects and topics. She’s also been the CCO at Kindred Group for the last few years, so her ability to manage a growth company the size of Paradox is a safe bet. Yes, pun intended.

Apart from myself, Ebba will be supported by veterans like Johan Andersson, Mattias Lilja, Thomas Johansson, Henrik Fåhraeus, Shams Jorjani and Susana Meza Graham, all of whom have been with Paradox for several years, some even longer than me, and are familiar faces in our community already.

It´s important to note that this does not change what we do at Paradox. We remain focused on creating the kind of games we do best and are known for. This is about making sure we have the organisation in place to handle the growth we´re currently experiencing, and making sure our trajectory continues upwards.

Ebba and I will have many more details to share with you in the near future, and I’m looking forward to everybody getting to know her better. Stop by the lunchtime stream on Twitch today (12 noon CET) if you want to say hi!

Best,
Fred

https://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/index.php?threads/changes-to-paradox-management.1069502/

Jorrig
14.02.18, 10:34
Das ist der Aufsichtsratsvorsitzende, korrekt. Oder Verwaltungsratsvorsitzender, wie man hierzulande sagt.

H34DHUN73R
15.02.18, 02:08
Also money for nothing, prima Idee - leider hat Uns das noch keiner angeboten.

Wir können Uns stundenlang weitschweifig über beliebige Themen verbreiten, ohne einen erkennbaren Standpunkt einzunehmen, sehen Uns ethisch ungebunden und Platz auf dem Girokonto ist auch noch da, das müsste doch eigentlich reichen :)
Jemand interessiert? Einfach PM schicken mit Angabe der maximal vorstellbaren Vergütung :vertrag:

clone
15.02.18, 02:12
Also money for nothing, prima Idee - leider hat Uns das noch keiner angeboten.

Wir können Uns stundenlang weitschweifig über beliebige Themen verbreiten, ohne einen erkennbaren Standpunkt einzunehmen, sehen Uns ethisch ungebunden und Platz auf dem Girokonto ist auch noch da, das müsste doch eigentlich reichen :)
Jemand interessiert? Einfach PM schicken mit Angabe der maximal vorstellbaren Vergütung :vertrag:

Würdet ihr auch für die Erfüllung gewisser Quotenvorgaben euer Geschlecht anpassen? Dann seid ihr der perfekte... Mensch für diesen Job.

H34DHUN73R
15.02.18, 02:20
Hmm, Wir dachten eigentlich eher, den realen Vorbildern in Punkto sexueller Belästigung nachzueifern.
Jedenfalls, solange die Hühner nicht weglaufen.
Wir hätten keine Lust, denen nur mit einem hastig um die blanke Hüfte geschlungenen Handtuch auf den Fluren von 5-Sterne-Hotels hinterher zu hetzen ;)
Soviel liegt Uns auch wieder nicht dran.
Dann lieber in einer Stretch-Limo durch Frankfurt kutschiert werden.
Oder wo sonst Stickoxide grad in Mode sind :)
Jedenfalls so richtig native mit einem KFC-Eimer im Schoß.
Hach, das Leben könnte so schön sein...

Aelfric
15.02.18, 16:24
Werter H34DHUN73R, vielleicht könnten wir uns zusammen selbstständig machen? Weitschweifigkeit bei absoluter Ahnungslosigkeit ist genau unser Metier! Elaboriertes Schwadronieren und das Verkaufen von Positionslosigkeit als Querdenkerqualität haben wir ebenfalls im Portfolio. Schließlich können wir diese "Fähigkeiten" sogar als akademischen Abschluss vorweisen. Also wie wäre es mit uns?

H34DHUN73R
16.02.18, 07:41
Werter Aelfric, das ist eine hervorragende Idee !
Bevor wir unsere aktuellen Brotjobs kündigen, sollten wir vielleicht noch auf einen potenten Erstkunden warten, aber das kann ja nicht lange dauern :)

dooya
23.02.24, 09:10
Geschichtsstunde...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZuEqxoU5XYw