PDA

Archiv verlassen und diese Seite im Standarddesign anzeigen : Development Diary #19 - 04.03.2009

G'Kar
04.03.09, 16:11
http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/showthread.php?t=396061

Before we start talking about this, let’s just quickly recap. Technology components are modular and can affect more than one unit type. Divisions too are modular and can be customised with different brigade types. This week we are going to talk a little about how these work and also drop a few details about how technology can be shared.

Of course we have defined model names for air and land units, as we did with ships. For air units this is the unit itself, for land unit these are the component brigades. When it comes to upgrading, the land unit brigades upgrade separately. Note the division is still the smallest tactical unit and the land unit and its brigades are indivisible, but for technology purposes the brigades are distinct. Once the right technology levels are reached the brigade (or air unit) will change model name to reflect it’s new stats. In the case of air and land units you always build at the best technology available. However with ships we have added the option to downgrade your ships for faster, cheaper building. Thus if those pesky submarines are massacring your convoys and you want to fire out some quick destroyers to help combat them, then you can. You can basically decide exactly which model to use for each technology affecting that kind of ship.

For technologies themselves we have added support for flavour names. So instead of Germany developing Infantry small Arms year 1943 we get Sturmgewehr 44. Although I doubt every tech for every country will end up being named, we will certainly be adding quite a few for the majors.

We have also added a pretty neat form of technology sharing, building units under licence. You can buy the right to build units from other countries at their technology and practical experience level but with your IC. When the unit is complete you gain that model type and name (until you upgrade it) and increases your own practical experience (which will assist your own research efforts in the future). This costs money but can be money well spent. Of course, these, as well as expeditionary forces retain the model & tech names of their origin, until upgraded.

http://www.gamersgate.com/eu3/hoi3/alpha_mar4.jpg

Here is an example of how this is all scripted..

units\models\ENG.txt

battleship.3 = {
capitalship_armament = 2
battleship_antiaircraft = 3
battleship_engine = 2
battleship_armour = 2
largewarship_radar = 0
battlefleet_concentration_doctrine = 0
battleship_crew_training = 0
}

localisation\\technology.csv

ENG_capitalship_armament_2;14'' MK VII;;;;;;;;;;;;;;x
ENG_battleship_antiaircraft_3;QF 5 1/4'' Mark I;;;;;;;;;;;;;;x
ENG_battleship_engine_2;Admiralty 3 Drum Boiler;;;;;;;;;;;;;;x
ENG_battleship_armour_2;14.7'' Main Belt;;;;;;;;;;;;;;x

Der Zarewitsch
04.03.09, 16:50
land unit and its brigades are indivisible...

Heißt, einmal an die Division angehängt, bleibt ihr die Brigade erhalten, richtig?
Also wie bei HOI2. Wobei es mir durchaus hätte gefallen können, wenn man die Brigaden austauschen könnte. Aber nicht so wichtig.

Ob die Flieger und Schiffe auch wieder "Brigaden" kriegen werden, wurde noch nicht erwähnt, oder?

G'Kar
04.03.09, 17:01
Heißt, einmal an die Division angehängt, bleibt ihr die Brigade erhalten, richtig?
Also wie bei HOI2. Wobei es mir durchaus hätte gefallen können, wenn man die Brigaden austauschen könnte. Aber nicht so wichtig.Das Thema wurde schon bei Paradox behandelt:
I said Note the division is still the smallest tactical unit and the land unit and its brigades are indivisible, but for technology purposes the brigades are distinct.

A division fights as one indivisible entity. They move as one indivisible entity.

What has that to do with how you reorganise them?

Jorrig
04.03.09, 17:05
Nein, ich denke eher, dass man sie auf der Karte nicht in noch kleinere Einheiten aufteilen kann. Ich habe das jetzt nicht so verstanden, dass man keine Brigaden austauschen kann. Ich hoffe eher, dass das sehr wohl möglich sein wird, für die Mikromanagement-Freaks.
Ansonsten klasse Idee das mit dem "Bauen in Lizenz". Tech handeln geht also nicht mehr so einfach, und die Blaupausen sind nun echte Blaupausen, d.h. man benutzt sie, um eben diese Modelle zu bauen. Gefällt mir wirklich gut.

Aus dem Thread von den Entwicklern:

Practical experience you get for completing the build?
yes

So for example battleship.3:

battleship.3 = {
capitalship_armament = 2
battleship_antiaircraft = 3
battleship_engine = 2
battleship_armour = 2
largewarship_radar = 0
battlefleet_concentration_doctrine = 0
battleship_crew_training = 0
}

Is this the minimum standard needed in every tech level to be a level3 BB?

So I have "capitalship_armament = 3" but only "battleship_antiaircraft = 2" I don't get the new level, even if I developed some other techs further?

Or how does reaching the newer "model" work?
Model = name.
tech = stats.

About the building under licence feature...

I assume you can't exploit the feature, by, let's say, asking Germany as USA in 1936 to build 100 BBs (you can afford that as USA) and completly kill their IC this way?
But the USA pays the IC cost, the Germans only provide the tech and get some money. So if you really want to do this and kill your own IC you are more than welcome to.

Right, my mistake, it's production under licence, not ordering production abroad. Thanks for clarifying that.
They key thing of course is you gain the practical for it, boosting your own R&D efforts in that field.

G'Kar
04.03.09, 17:12
Ob die Flieger und Schiffe auch wieder "Brigaden" kriegen werden, wurde noch nicht erwähnt, oder?Zu Navy-Brigaden wurde in Dev Diary #10 gesagt:
We have also scraped the naval attachment system all together and instead we have defined each individual technology to be upgradeable or not (surprisingly this is also fully modable). For ships it means you can partially upgrade old ships.Darüber hinaus werden CAGs keine Brigaden mehr sein, zu Eskortjägern o.ä. wurde meines Wissens noch keine Aussage gemacht. Ich glaube eher nicht, dass das noch Brigaden sind.

thrawn
04.03.09, 19:10
...zu Eskortjägern o.ä. wurde meines Wissens noch keine Aussage gemacht. Ich glaube eher nicht, dass das noch Brigaden sind.

Wäre sehr schön. Bei Core zu Hoi 1 gab es ja 6 verschiedene Jägertypen.
Kurzstreckeneskorte, Langstreckeneskorte, Abfangjäger, Luftüberlegenheitsjäger, Multifunktionsjäger und Grundangriffsjäger.

G'Kar
04.03.09, 20:07
Ich will ehrlich gesagt gar nicht zu viele Typen an Jagdfliegern. Zwei Arten würden mir schon reichen, alles andere wird nur unübersichtlich.

sheep-dodger
04.03.09, 20:11
Die Möglichkeit in Lizenz zu produzieren finde ich mal verdammt geil, das wird besonders für die kleinen Staaten praktisch wenn die die Modelle ihrer großen Bündnispartner bauen können und damit mehr Leadership für Generäle u.ä. frei haben

Al. I. Cuza
04.03.09, 21:26
Die Möglichkeit in Lizenz zu produzieren finde ich mal verdammt geil, das wird besonders für die kleinen Staaten praktisch wenn die die Modelle ihrer großen Bündnispartner bauen können und damit mehr Leadership für Generäle u.ä. frei haben

Genau! "Rumänischer Königstiger gesichtet" :^^: :teufel:

MoerkLort
04.03.09, 22:18
Sind die Voraussetzungen für eine Lizenzproduktion genannt worden? Kann ich immer Lizenzen von Bündnispartner kaufen? Muss ich dann überhaupt noch forschen? Kann ich auch von nicht-alliierten Ländern Lizenzen Kaufen?

Al. I. Cuza
04.03.09, 23:57
Ich würde meinen, dass man sie von allen kaufen können sollte. Soll wohl von den Beziehungen abhängig sein, vor allem Ideologie...

RumsInsFeld
07.03.09, 13:47
Das mit den Lizenzen klingt doch hervorragend :)

Drantos
07.03.09, 15:53
Zu Navy-Brigaden wurde in Dev Diary #10 gesagt:Darüber hinaus werden CAGs keine Brigaden mehr sein, zu Eskortjägern o.ä. wurde meines Wissens noch keine Aussage gemacht. Ich glaube eher nicht, dass das noch Brigaden sind.

Das hört sich ja scheiße an. Es war doch ein Quantensprung von Hoi1 zu Hoi2, dass man Trägerflugzeuge nicht mehr manuell steuern musste.

Bei Hoi1 waren Träger ja völlig nutzlos.

cu Drantos

Al. I. Cuza
07.03.09, 16:03
Wenn man alle möglichen Automatismen sieht, die es in HOI3 gibt, wird man das wohl auch auf automatisch stellen können.

G'Kar
07.03.09, 18:22
Davon gehe ich auch aus. Ich fand Träger in HoI 1 außerdem nicht nutzlos und habe die eine oder andere Verwendungsfähigkeit für sie in HoI 2 vermisst.