PDA

Archiv verlassen und diese Seite im Standarddesign anzeigen : FTM FtM: Dev Diary No. 1

G'Kar
08.03.11, 17:21
Hello everybody. As some of you may know, I'm the newest member of the Paradox dev team, although I've been a fan and beta for many years. Working at Paradox has been a lot of fun so far, and one of the best parts has been how much "artistic freedom" we have. Goals are set and then we work away at them in our own ways. On the downside, everyone is very busy and I have barely had time to read the forums or even speak to the rest of the team much! I have to admit that I was surprised when I received an email from our designer, Chris King, saying "the new expansion for HoI3 will be called For the Mothland and will focus on fighting off the German invasion", after all Paradox is famed for their historical strategy games, did we really want throw that out and make a fantasy themed expansion? Being the new guy I didn't argue, but the more I thought about it the more the idea grew on me. By making a fantasy expansion about Nazi Germany invading this “Mothland” we would not have to worry about trying to balance history with re-playability, instead we could focus purely on balance and fun.

I threw myself into this task, and for the past 6 weeks I have been researching Moths and building the Mothland. The story is this: During 1941 secret Nazi experiments with dimensional portals results in them opening a portal to “ The Mothland”, a planet very like Earth, but ruled by a race of giant moths. Thinking victory will be easy against the seemingly backwards Moths, Hitler plans to seek Lebensraum and resources in the alternate dimension instead of attacking the Soviet Union and orders the invasion of the Mothland. However, the Moths are not so backwards as they seemed, and despite initial successes the German forces are bogged down by the end of the year. This is where the game begins: Will you play as the German forces and attempt to conquer the Moths, or will you take control of the Mothland and repel these human invaders?

Finally, it's a bit early to post any screenshots yet, but here is some of our concept art:
http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=33188&d=1299590334

http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=33189&d=1299590343

That's all for this week, the next DD will focus on the new Moth faction, including details about:
Attraction to Light.
Fluttering.
Pollination.Kommt von hier (http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/showthread.php?525540-For-the-Mothland-%E2%80%93-DD1-%E2%80%93-What-s-it-all-about).

G'Kar
08.03.11, 17:27
Wichtige Zusatzinfo:
I guess there's going to be lots of bugs in this installment then? (Cue drums)
yes but this time the BUGS are FEATURES

Montesquieu
08.03.11, 17:27
Nun ja... :rolleyes:

Canton
08.03.11, 17:35
Mh ja, naja... was soll man da sagen ^^ Noch ist ja nicht der 1. April oder? Also meinen die das ja ernst.

G'Kar
08.03.11, 17:41
Noch ist Karneval - auch wenn die Schweden das nicht feiern.

Delareon
09.03.11, 12:58
He He, damit werden die ganzen meckerer endlich mal von den Devs verarscht.
Gibt tatsächlich genügend die den Unsinn glauben trotz solchen Kommentaren:

Please help me i am tied up in server room

Boron
09.03.11, 13:44
Paradox kann ja sogar witzig sein :top::D

X_MasterDave_X
09.03.11, 16:28
Eigentlich wäre es mal Zeit für ein echtes Dev Diary. Stattessen... :eek: